University of California, Riverside

UCR Study Abroad -- Health

Travel Insurance

If you’re going on a UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP), Faculty Led Education Abroad Program (FLEAP), or another program, you must have international travel/medical insurance.

NOTE: This is emergency supplemental TRAVEL insurance and should not to be confused with your regular major medical insurance (ie. UC student Health Insurance Program/USHIP, Kaiser, Blue Shield, Health Net, etc.).

  • UCEAP participants: You’re automatically covered by the UCEAP travel insurance plan. No need to take action to activate it. Your plan starts 14 days before the official start date of your program and lasts until 31 days after the official end date of your program. Learn more.
  • FLEAP participants: All students are automatically registered in the UC student travel insurance policy, even if they do not normally receive UC student insurance.  Coverage extends for a total of 7 days outside the official program dates (before or after).  Learn more about the benefits 
  • Other UC and Non-UC Program participants: Most Other UC and Non-UC Program providers include insurance.  If your program does not include insurance, ask your study abroad advisor at OCAE Office for resources on getting international medical and travel insurance.

Also read more about UCOP Travel Insurance!

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Contact Information

Education Abroad
0321 Surge Building

Tel: (951) 827-4113